Friday 23 January 2009

Grow up but don't grow up too fast.

I rejoice in Maya's achievements and growth. Seeing her able to do new things, like a first smile or holding a rattle for the first time, gives me pleasure. I also enjoy seeing her go up a size in clothes - it means she's growing and healthy.

But then I have moments where I am sad that she is growing so fast. The other day I put some clothes away, which included an outfit I loved seeing her in and now will never fit her again. And I can see that she won't fit in her bassinet much longer and will have to move to her cot soon.

I know my baby girl won't stay a baby forever and that is both exciting and sad.

5 days old - lots of room for growth
12 weeks old - running out of room

1 comment:

Zoya said...

And after a year or so, you'll struggle to believe that she was ever that tiny.

I think that the worst thing about the first few months (actually make it a year) is that I was so tired and underslept that my memories of it are very hazy.