Friday 13 November 2009

Basic needs.

The other thing about being chronically ill is that you realise not only just how important good health is but also how unimportant a lot of things in life are. Suddenly things I used to worry and stress about seem like such a waste of time.

As long as you have your health plus some basic needs like food, water, shelter, family and friends met, then what else matters. What does it matter if you are bigger than you'd like to be, smaller than you'd like to be, have a giant pimple on your nose, had a bad day at work, didn't get the job you wanted, scratched the car, can't afford the TV you want, etc etc.

Of course it's easier said than done and once basic needs are met people create new needs and wants and then feel bad when they are not met. Again I'm sure once time has passed after a long run of good health I may forget to appreciate the simple things in life and once again create new needs and wants. But I'd like to think maybe this disease has changed my perspective on life and that all that really matters is that me, my family and friends are all healthy and that we can afford our food, water and shelter.

2 comments:

ddfirdaus said...

I'm impressed..There is still a long way to go. Keep moving and don't give up..I know u can..

Tanya said...

Thanks. :)