Tuesday 7 August 2007

Three movies in one day.

On Sunday I saw three movies at the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF). It's the first time I've ever seen three movies in one day! And by the end of the day my brain felt like it was melting out of my ears and my eyes were popping out of my head. It's the same feeling I get from sitting all day in front of a computer (which is why I am no longer in a job where I need to sit in front of a computer all day). So I don't think I'll ever see more than two movies in one day again. Two is definitely my limit. Having said that I did enjoy all three movies though!

Firstly I saw "In the Company of Actors" which is an Australian documentary about the creation of theatre - from early rehearsals through to opening night in New York. It was interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes. The only problem with the film was that it left me wanting to actually go see the play!

Secondly I saw "Hana" which is a Japanese movie about a young man who is expected to avenge his father's death. I enjoyed this movie but it was very confusing. There were a few stories within the one movie and I found it hard to remember who was who and what they were doing!

Lastly I saw "The Armstrongs" which is a UK documentary about a couple who run a company but treat their staff appallingly. It was very funny! I can't believe that it's real?!

No comments: