Friday 18 April 2008

My body is no longer my own.

So far the experience of being pregnant has been a tough one for me. I wasn't expecting morning sickness to be so bad and to take over my whole life. The constant intense nausea I felt all day long came as such a shock. I had read about morning sickness and I had heard other people talk about it. But I realised no one had ever expressed how bad it could actually be. However, since being pregnant, I have heard women's stories of constant vomitting, constant extreme nausea, inability to function or cope, etc - sometimes lasting their entire prenancies! Why hadn't I heard these stories before?

For me morning sickness feels like I am on the verge of vomiting 24 hours a day (remember a time when you had food poisoning or gastro or drank too much.. remember how you felt just before you vomitted.. that's how I felt all the time). For the first three months of pregnancy I have felt like I have some really horrible disease! Some days I didn't know if I'd be able to get through it or if it'd ever go away. I tried EVERYTHING that was suggested to me and some things eased my morning sickness by like 1% or something.. but there is nothing that ever made it manageable. I could barely eat anything at all.. and all I could think about is what I would give just to be able to eat a meal. I felt terrible if I ate but I felt terrible if I didn't eat.

Happily, my morning sickness is starting to ease now! :) I still feel sick but not as sick as I was. I can eat more foods now and I do have moments where I almost don't feel sick anymore. So thankfully I assume that means I will not be sick for the whole pregnancy. :)

4 comments:

Polina said...

I'm really glad you're starting to feel better. Must've been horrible to be sick all the time. Hope it continues to ease and then will be gone and you'll be able to just enjoy your pregnancy :))) *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better!!!

Eug said...

Would you like some fish milkshake? MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.....

(evil chet)

Ang said...

I stumbled on your blog while searching for morning sickness. OMG- you perfectly detailed what I am feeling. It feels like a hang over that just won't go away...I am only in my 6th week and it started this week. I *hope* I can be as lucky as you and have these symptoms go away!!