Monday 17 November 2008

Andre Rieu concert.

While spending Christmas with my aunt and uncle in The Netherlands two years ago we watched Andre Rieu's Vienna concert and I wished that I could experience it live. So as soon as I saw that he was coming to Australia I booked tickets.

Then Maya came along and I wasn't sure if I would be able to attend. My plan was to express enough milk for a test feed and then if she drank from a bottle I'd express enough for another feed. But I struggled to find time to express and when I did have time I couldn't get much out! Eventually I did manage to express enough for one feed and I was able to leave Maya with my mother and go to the Andre Rieu concert! I thought I'd worry about Maya but the minute I left the house it felt good to be out and to be free of responsibility!

Greg and I had fantastic seats - on the floor, next to the aisle, across from the VIPS and about 32 rows from the front! The stage was amazing and the music was fantastic. As well as the classical music, I enjoyed the medley of Aussie music that was played (which included the Neighbours and Bananas in Pyjamas theme songs). We also joined in the well known song "Aussie Aussie Aussie.. Oi Oi Oi". And the finale included Australian marching bands. It was definitely a night I will cherish. :)

Though getting to sleep after 2am and being woken up by Maya at 4.30am wasn't exactly fun!

Below are some pictures taken with my phone camera (hence the bad quality!).

3 comments:

Webmaster Sally said...

I am glad you were able to get out and enjoy Andre's concert. I think Mommies need a moment or two for themselves.
Andre Rieu puts on the very best of concerts and there is really nothing like him out there.
Did you come away from the concert with a Rieu-High?
((for the milk thing...try bathing Maya, put a t-shirt on her for about 30 minutes. Take the shirt off, put it in a freezer baggie. When you need to express milk, have a quiet, dark room, open that baggie, think of your baby's cry....MILK)
yes, I was a nursing Mom too! :D
You can see Stories, Photos, and Information about Andre Rieu on the World Wide Fan Site:
www.AndreRieuFans.com
click on the Blog to interact with other fans.
Kind Regards, Sally

Zoya said...

Glad you managed to get out and have such a great evening out.

Tanya said...

Thanks for the expressing tip! I'll have to give it a go. :)