Saturday 8 May 2010

I didn't know..

.. that I would be reading the same couple of books to Maya over and over and over again, because they would become her favourites and no other book would do.

.. that those couple of books that I would read over and over again would start to drive me crazy and any attempts at reading a new book would fail.

.. that I would get so sick of reading those couple of books over and over again, that I would eventually hide them away somewhere just so I could read something new.

.. that Maya would then go and select another couple of books to become her favourites and I would have to read them over and over and over again...

3 comments:

Zoya said...

:-) But in the few months time when she starts being interested in more complicated books you'll start discovering some brilliant ones that you wouldn't otherwise and also enjoying the ones that you remember from your childhood.

Going to the library on regular bases helps us to introduce new books to the reading list, though there are still some books that get read over and over again.

I also enjoy reading books that have interesting illustrations, like Benedict Blathwayt's Little Red Train books - because I was able to find something new in the pictures everytime I read them.

Tanya said...

Yeah I do go to the library regularly now and will borrow a few books at the same time, and often she'll pick only one or two of them she wants to read for 3 weeks. So I get sick of them too. Until the next lot I borrow.

I'm looking forward to the more complicated books. And there are some books of hers now that I really enjoy, but usually whatever I like best isn't one of her favourites.

I am very happy that she has a big interest in books though. Just sometimes I need variety. :)

Rosebud said...

I've the same issue now with games....I've played so many games of Candy Land I think my eyes will bleed if I so much as spot a gingerbread man in a bakery window!