Wednesday 19 May 2010

Speaking of books..

Staying on the topic of books from my previous post, I thought I'd mention my favourite baby/toddler books:
  • "The Going to Bed Book" & "Hippos Go Berserk" by Sandra Boynton - Love the rhythm and rhyme.

  • "Time To Sleep" & "Where's The Green Sheep" by Mem Fox - Love the rhythm and pictures.

  • "Pants" by Giles Andreae & Nick Sharratt - Love the rhythm, rhyme, pictures and topic.  A silly, funny little book.

  • "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle - A classic and Maya loves poking her fingers through the holes in the pages.

  • "The Animal Countdown" by Frances Bacon - Love the rhythm, rhyme and pictures.

  • The "When I go to" series by Jill Harker - Great pictures (something hidden on every page), good rhythm and rhyme.

  • "Miffy At The Zoo" by Dick Bruna - Love the rhythm and rhyme.

  • "Nighty-Night, Fox" by Nancy Parent - Great pictures, rhythm and rhyme.
Maya does like the books above too, but her favourite books tend to be those with flaps you can open (like the "Spot" books by Eric Hill), or things you can touch (like the "That's not my" series by Fiona Watt) or pictures and words/counting books (like 1 hat, 2 children, etc) or any book that has a picture of a cat in it.  And while I do enjoy reading them the first twenty times, I do tend to tire of them after the one hundredth read.

No comments: