Friday 29 August 2008

Having a baby isn't work.

Ever since I announced at work that I am pregnant I have constantly been told how lucky I am that I am 'getting out of work'. Some of my work mates seem to be under the impression that I am leaving work to go on holidays or to enter into some life of luxury. There was even one guy who said "You are so lucky I wish I could get pregnant so that I could leave my job!" Ummm.. isn't having a baby more work? 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, many years work?!

1 comment:

Zoya said...

Wait until the same people, who now saying that they'll do anything to get out of their jobs, will be telling you that you should come back to paid employment because not "working" is just wrong for some unexplainable reason. :-D

My theory is that the people don't really think when they say things like that and just say them to keep the conversation going.