Monday 15 February 2010

Plans.

When my illness flared up in August last year I was no longer able to make plans.  Suddenly I had no idea if I would be well one day to the next, minute to minute even.

I realised my life was built a lot around plans.  I am always planning what I can do next and when I can do it.  I am aware of the idea of living in the moment and while I think being in the moment and appreciating what you have now is a great philosophy, right now I can't see how that is always possible.  There are just some things that need to be planned for.

I know that in life nothing is for certain and plans can always be changed by unexpected events.  But people do make plans and hope those plans eventuate.  However, when you don't know what your life will be like from one minute to the next it makes it extremely hard to plan anything.

No comments: