Monday 18 January 2010

Maya takes off.

As I said in The Stages of Walking post, Maya has been 'walking' for a very long time now.  She started back around her first birthday in October, cruising furniture, walking with a walker and holding on to hands.  We were also able to encourage her to walk between two people without holding on to anything.  And there were times when Maya really wanted something and stepped across the room to get it.  It seemed like (and everyone who saw her said it too) that she would be walking on her own in no time.

I was just beginning to wonder if I would be holding her hand indefinitely when on Saturday 16th January she took off on her own.  She walked and walked and walked all day long.  With a bit of running thrown in!

2 comments:

Eug said...

awesome! :) :)

Zoya said...

:-) Great walking!

BTW your house (from what I could see in that video) looks very nice and full of light. I can now better understand why you are so much happier in the new place.